PUBLISHED PAPERS: 10. Wittman T.N., C.D. Robinson, J.W. McGlothlin, and R.M. Cox. 2021. Hormonal pleiotropy structures genetic covariance. Evolution Letters 5:397-407. PDF
9. Robinson C.D., S.L. Lance, and M.E. Gifford. 2021. Reproductive success, apparent survival, and ventral blue coloration in male prairie lizards (Sceloporus consobrinus). Journal of Zoology 314:245-255. PDF
8. Robinson C.D.and M.E. Gifford. 2019. Sexual dimorphism in performance and muscle allocation in the western painted crayfish Faxonius palmeri longimanus(Faxon, 1898) (Decapoda: Astacidea: Cambaridae). Journal of Crustacean Biology 39:267-273.PDF
7. Robinson C.D. and M.E. Gifford. 2018. Intraseasonal Changes of Patch Color in the Prairie Lizard (Sceloporusconsobrinus). Herpetologica 75:79-84. PDF
6. Robinson C.D. and M.E. Gifford. 2018. Covariation between thermally mediated color and performance traits in a lizard. Physiological and Biochemical Zoology 91:1013-1025. PDF ***Data from this paper used in an exciting art piece by Cade Bradshaw, displayed at the Ruiz-Healy Art Gallery in San Antonio, TX.
5. McCaw, W.M., D.M. Grobert, S.B. Brown, S. Strickland, G.A. Thompson, G. Gillman, L.M. Ball, and C.D. Robinson. 2018. Seasonal patterns and drivers of Ashe juniper foliar live fuel moisture and relevance to fire planning. Fire Ecology 14(1):50-64. PDF
4.Burgad, A.A., S.T. Clark, M.E. Furr, A.N. Lenard, M.E. Polett, C.D. Robinson, C.R. Sherwood, G.L. Spooner, S.J. Stoughton, and S.R. Adams. 2017. Longitudinal patterns in an Arkansas River Valley stream: an application of the river continuum concept. Journal of the Arkansas Academy of Sciences 71:153-164. PDF
3. Gifford, M.E., C.D. Robinson, and T.A. Clay. 2017. The influence of invasive fire ants on survival, space use, and patterns of natural selection in juvenile lizards. Biological Invasions 19:1461-1469. PDF
2. Gifford, M.E., C.D. Robinson, and T.A. Clay. 2017. The influence of incubation conditions and sex on growth and dispersal in hatchling lizards. Ethology 123(4):283-292. PDF
1. Robinson, C.D., M.S. Patton, B.M. Andre, and M.A. Johnson. 2015. Convergent evolution of brain morphology and communication modalities in lizards. Current Zoology 61(2):281-291. PDF
PUBLISHED NOTES: 5. Pruett, J.E., D.A. Warner, C.D. Robinson, and M.E. Gifford. 2018. Anolis sagrei and Anolis carolinensis. Twinning. Herpetological Review 50:137.
4. Robinson, C.D., S. Fulton, and D.O. Ribble. 2014. Geographical distribution: Gastrophyrne olivacea (Great Plains Narrow-Mouthed Toad). Herpetological Review 45(4):653.
3. Robinson, C.D., S. Fulton, and D.O. Ribble. 2014. Geographical distribution: Storeia dekayi (Dekay’s Brownsnake). Herpetological Review 45(4):666.
2. Robinson, C.D., B.K. Kircher, and M.A. Johnson. 2014. Communal nesting in the Cuban twig anole (Anolisangusticeps) from South Bimini, Bahamas. Reptiles & Amphibians: Conservation and Natural History 21:71-72. PDF
1. Kircher, B.K., C.D. Robinson, and M.A. Johnson. 2014. Herbivory in the Northern Curly-tailed Lizard (Leiocephaluscarinatus). Caribbean Herpetology 50:1-2. PDF
2018 - present University of Virginia, Ph.D. in Biology (expected) Advisor: Dr. Robert Cox
2015 - 2017 University of Central Arkansas, M.S. in Biology. Thesis: Proximate and ultimate mechanisms underlying the evolution of color in the prairie lizard Advisor: Dr. Matthew Gifford
2010-2014 Trinity University, B.S. in Biology, Cum Laude Honors in Biology, Thesis: Convergence in communication behavior and brain morphology in lizards: An evolutionary approach Advisor: Dr. Michele Johnson